import from blender

sanjuda

import from blender

Post by sanjuda »

I used the blender collada 1.4 exporter to export some of the "physics_demos-2.42-preview34"
with strange results both in bullet and reimporting the dae files in blender:

exporting jenga_physics_test.blend in bullet we lost the ground and everything continues to fall, while reinporting in blender the ground is still there but all teh objects are fixed

exporting kinematic.blend in bullet we get that some of the objects fall out of the scene while reimporting in bleder the object are now fixed

exporting physictest in bullett we get a strange explosion while reimporting in blender I get an empty scene

I'm a newbie, and I use bullet bullet-2.75-RC5b, blender 2.49 on a intel macbook

the code for the bullet is taken by the basic demo and it is:

Code: Select all

m_cameraUp = btVector3(0,0,1);
	m_ele = 60;
	m_forwardAxis = 1;

btDefaultCollisionConfiguration* collisionConfiguration = new btDefaultCollisionConfiguration();
	btCollisionDispatcher* dispatcher = new btCollisionDispatcher(collisionConfiguration);
	btGImpactCollisionAlgorithm::registerAlgorithm(dispatcher);

btVector3 worldMin(-1000,-1000,-1000);
	btVector3 worldMax(1000,1000,1000);
	btBroadphaseInterface* pairCache = new btAxisSweep3(worldMin,worldMax);
	btConstraintSolver* constraintSolver = new btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver();
	m_dynamicsWorld = new btDiscreteDynamicsWorld(dispatcher,pairCache,constraintSolver,collisionConfiguration);

//m_dynamicsWorld = new btSimpleDynamicsWorld();

//m_dynamicsWorld->setDebugDrawer(&debugDrawer);

ColladaConverter* converter = new ColladaConverter(m_dynamicsWorld);
        const char* filename = "physictest.dae";//<"jenga_physics_test.dae";//PhysicsAnimationBakingDemo.dae";//"pt2.dae";//jenga.dae";//  "friction.dae";//"basic_physics_tests.dae";

bool result = converter->load(filename);

sanjuda

Re: import from blender

Post by sanjuda »

I wanted to use blender to setup a robotic simulation in collada
run it under a c++ program using bullet
and then use some ai algorithm implemented in matlab to control the robot interfacing with the program above...
so now I don't know what happent with collada (or other tools to export to bullett)
and I'll try to build the configuration by hand in the c++ code.. but it will suffice only for toy problems...
so there is a bug or I'm not able to export properly data from blender?