Request: ./configure option to compile without glut

Elm

Request: ./configure option to compile without glut

Post by Elm »

Hi.
I'm a fellow linux user but want my apps to be available for windows aswell. I tried to cross compile bullet which seems to work fine except for things related with glut (there seemed to be some files missing, not sure why - linux build with normal gcc worked fine). At least I attempted to deactivate glut as apart from that it just worked smoothly - but then I realized when taking the demos subfolder out of the main Makefile script it won't compile the final .dll/.lib files linked together but stop before doing that and I also needed to hack a bit around in the Makefile in the Extras sub folder to make it compile without glut in the first place.
Well, in the end I might have trashed the final compilation by modifying the Makefile myself, but can you please just add a ./configure option for configuring without glut, as the physics engine/library itself doesn't need anything with glut, does it? Just using --without-x or --without-mesa doesn't seem to do this. A simple switch for just not compiling anything opengl and also glut related(!) related but just the physics library itself would be very nice.

It might also be useful when you released pre-compiled .dlls. I might get them to work with my app and it would save me the time of figuring a cross compile build. But even more useful would just be that switch. Please add it soon.

PS: Your physics are doing fine so far and probably combine best functionality with best license. Good job!

Edit (related to the Demos): I realized it is possible to compile without the Demos by a native switch I must have missed but this doesn't seem to remove the dependency for glut. Please consider a without-glut switch, it would be really useful (in terms of not needing to download the glut header files anymore and make sure the compilation process finds them just for a physics library)!