Extending the btRaycastVehicle and btWheelInfo classes...

Verbo

Extending the btRaycastVehicle and btWheelInfo classes...

Post by Verbo »

Hi,

I am currently trying to derive a new class from btRaycastVehicle and btWheelInfo but the array of wheels in btRaycastVehicle does not contain pointers to btWheelInfo, and the rest of the code uses nly references to btWheelInfo, which make it less handy to create derived classes from btWheelInfo and to override btRaycastVehicle functions.

I personally don't like to directly modify the code from a library because I always hate to merge with the new version of the library in the future. You might call it lazyness, but for me it`s more a practical reason to avoid merge problems.

Is it possible to modify btRaycastVehilce to use btWheelInfo pointers and also to virtualize more of its functionality, which would allow use more flexibility to derive those classes for our special needs (I don`t speak for myself, but for everyone who feels concerned) ?

I understand it might not sounds like a top priority right now, but if I can help, I would be glad to contribute (that would be my first time in any open source database, I admit...).

Cheer.

Verbo