assert hit in btQuantizedBvh.h

gjaegy

assert hit in btQuantizedBvh.h

Post by gjaegy »

Hi,

not sure what's going on and how important this is, but I thought it could help.

So, I am hitting an assert (actually, it is hit many many times) in btQuantizedBvh.h, line 355 (Bullet 2.72).

m_bvhAabbMax.getX() == 27002.600
point.getX() == 27002.602

Everything seems to work anyway. It seems to be a float precision issue to me...

Code: Select all

SIMD_FORCE_INLINE void quantize(unsigned short* out, const btVector3& point,int isMax) const
	{

btAssert(m_useQuantization);

btAssert(point.getX() <= m_bvhAabbMax.getX());
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: assert hit in btQuantizedBvh.h

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Interesting. Can you easily reproduce it? Can you reproduce it in the Bullet/Demos/ConcaveDemo ?

Thanks,
Erwin
gjaegy

Post by gjaegy »

This happens each time I use a specific model. However, the model is stored in a proprietary format and I have no easy way to convert it into an open format. Also, I can't easily make a test application as I would have to release the whole engine source code (serialization/deserialization code is linked to class definition)...

If you tell me where to look into, I could however make some debugging on my side and share the results...
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

It would help most if you could shape the model and world transforms. Can you help and try the latest Bullet 2.74 (beta) and create a COLLADA snapshot?

Saving the dynamics/collision world to such a xml text file is quite easy, just add a few lines of code to your projects. See the instructions here: http://www.bulletphysics.com/mediawiki- ... s_snapshot

Thanks,
Erwin
gjaegy

Post by gjaegy »

Hi,

I had a chance to save the snapshot as a collada file. Please have a try with the file attached.
snap.zip
Not sure this will let you repro the issue, as it happens in the construction phase (see screenshot below):
callstack.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.