Add force weird issue

webjeff

Add force weird issue

Post by webjeff »

I have a simple box rigid body. When I apply a central force and move it forward and back, it appears to move properly and at a decent speed. When I angle it and apply the force in the direction it's facing, again, seems right. However, when I rotate the object and apply the force (ex. they press up and right) it appears to make the object move much faster. This is hard to explain, but I hope someone gets what I'm trying to say. Another words, I move the object forward but rotate it left and right while moving forward, I can see it speed faster than if I just went forward.

As for what I'm doing, when I rotate, I am getting the objects transform, rotating it by a set angle, then I'm setting the new transform. It works great. When I press up/down, I activate() and applyCentralForce() a set force in the direction the object is facing.

Any ideas why when I rotate AND apply a force to move it seems to go fast? I maybe thought my direction vector was wrong and the force I was multiplying by the direction was being skewed, but if I'm angled and move forward/reverse on that angle, it seems fine. So its only the case where I'm rotating AND moving that it's moving much faster.

Any ideas??
Thanks!
Jeff.