[SOLVED] GLM obj file loading into bullet

valeranth

[SOLVED] GLM obj file loading into bullet

Post by valeranth »

Ok, so this isnt the best place to post this I know, and im sorry. If its to out there then feel free to delete it but i've been messing with this for DAYS and and really fed up with this bug that I dont even see. So if anyone could help me that'd be great.

I am using GLM to load a obj file into my application and am using (well trying to) bullet for the collision detection. The only problem is that when I try and load the data itno bullet for some reason it comes out all messed up, including indices being larger then the allowed amount. Below is relevant code, with some notes, first group has over 5k triangles, the hard coded 100 is just so my screen doesnt get filled completely. Anyways heres the code

Code: Select all

for( GLuint i = 0; i < 100; i++ ){//group->numtriangles; i++ ){ 
                        printf( "tri %i\n", group->triangles[i] );
                        triangle = mesh->triangles[(group->triangles[i])];

GLuint index0 =3*triangle.vindices[0];
                        GLuint index1 =3*triangle.vindices[1];
                        GLuint index2 =3*triangle.vindices[2];

GLfloat* p0 = &mesh->vertices[index0];
                        GLfloat* p1 = &mesh->vertices[index1];
                        GLfloat* p2 = &mesh->vertices[index2];

printf( "indeice %i, %i %i %i\n", mesh->numvertices*3, index0, index1, index2 );

btVector3* v0 = new btVector3( p0[0], p0[1], p0[2] );
                        btVector3* v1 = new btVector3( p1[0], p1[1], p1[2] );
                        btVector3* v2 = new btVector3( p2[0], p2[1], p2[2] );

//*v0 *= scale;
                        //*v1 *= scale;
                        //*v2 *= scale;
                        printf( "value %f %f %f\n", v0->x(), v0->y(), v0->z() );
                        trimesh->addTriangle( *v0, *v1, *v2 );
                        verts.push_back( v0 );
                        verts.push_back( v1 );
                        verts.push_back( v2 );

}
note: the loader used in the included demo will not work for me as it does not support advanced features including textures.
also in case anyone asked, I can use the built in method for drawing in GLM and the scene will render fine. ( also incase you cant figure it out, mesh is the GLMmodel)

SOLUTION:
Forgot I posted this on here but if anyone else runs into the same trouble I did, it was caused due to the fact that glm.c defines METERAL_BY_FACE, so everything was being offset, I threw the define into the .h (why they didnt do it like that i dont know) and it works fine..