Problem building bullet libs

Liens

Problem building bullet libs

Post by Liens »

Hi, I just got the source a day or two ago and I've been trying to build it but I hit a roadblock that I can't seem to get past. When I try to build I get some errors.

Code: Select all

1>------ Build started: Project: appMovingConcaveDemo, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: appGimpactTestDemo, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Linking...
2>Linking...
1>libbulletcollision.lib(btGImpactCollisionAlgorithm.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall btPolyhedralConvexShape::btPolyhedralConvexShape(void)" (??0btPolyhedralConvexShape@@QAE@XZ)
1>..\..\ReleaseMovingConcaveDemo.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
2>libbulletcollision.lib(btGImpactCollisionAlgorithm.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall btPolyhedralConvexShape::btPolyhedralConvexShape(void)" (??0btPolyhedralConvexShape@@QAE@XZ)
2>..\..\ReleaseGimpactTestDemo.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://e:\OGRE_1.6\AddOns\bullet-2.72\out\release8\build\appMovingConcaveDemo\BuildLog.htm"
1>appMovingConcaveDemo - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>Build log was saved at "file://e:\OGRE_1.6\AddOns\bullet-2.72\out\release8\build\appGimpactTestDemo\BuildLog.htm"
2>appGimpactTestDemo - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
3>------ Build started: Project: appAllBulletDemos, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>Linking...
3>libbulletcollision.lib(btGImpactCollisionAlgorithm.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall btPolyhedralConvexShape::btPolyhedralConvexShape(void)" (??0btPolyhedralConvexShape@@QAE@XZ)
3>..\..\ReleaseAllBulletDemos.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
3>Build log was saved at "file://e:\OGRE_1.6\AddOns\bullet-2.72\out\release8\build\appAllBulletDemos\BuildLog.htm"
3>appAllBulletDemos - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
That's the log vs2008 gives me. I've looked all over for any missing files or anything, I'm using 'bullet-2.72.zip' with 'bullet-2.73-alpha-trunk-r1444.tgz' extracted overtop to get those few missing files.

Also before this it corrupted 'trio.obj' and 'xmlschemas.obj' during the build, I had to delete them from the system and rebuild them. They seem to be all right now but any idea why that happened?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Problem building bullet libs

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Files have moved in the latest trunk and upcoming Bullet 2.73, so better not to extract files from different SDKs on top of eachother.

Can you do a fresh build using the latest trunk revision (zipfile) here http://code.google.com/p/bullet/downloads/list

Sometimes some of the COLLADA or libxml files get corrupted while compiling using Visual Studio. If so, just do a rebuild all for those libs.
Hope this helps,
Erwin
Liens

Post by Liens »

Yeah that new .zip does the trick, it builds first time. Only thing is it seems to not include the stuff for 'libGIMPACT.lib' which I needed for latest ogrebullet, so I took the 'libGIMPACT.lib' created by 2.72 and it seems to be working for the debug version of ogrebullet, but the release version has a linking error for some reason. Which is strange because I don't think I did anything differently with release or debug versions.

Code: Select all

1>------ Build started: Project: Ogre_Bullet_Dynamics_Demos_SDK, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>LINK : warning LNK4224: /OPT:NOWIN98 is no longer supported;  ignored
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>libbulletcollision.lib(btGImpactCollisionAlgorithm.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall btPolyhedralConvexShape::btPolyhedralConvexShape(void)" (??0btPolyhedralConvexShape@@QAE@XZ)
1>E:\OGRE_1.6\OGRE_1.6_Source\ogre\bin\Release/OgreBulletDemos.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://e:\OGRE_1.6\AddOns\ogrebullet\Demos\Dynamics_Demos\obj\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Ogre_Bullet_Dynamics_Demos_SDK - 2 error(s), 2 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

You shouldn't need libGIMPACT anymore, because it is now included in BulletCollision.

Can you try again just using this latest trunk revision, and not mixing it with any parts (like GIMPACT) from older Bullet libs?
Thanks,
Erwin
Liens

Post by Liens »

I tried that first, but ogrebullet asks specifically for libGIMPACT.lib
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Can you report to the ogrebullet developers that Bullet 2.73 won't have the libGIMPACT.lib anymore?
For now, please remove the libGIMPACT.lib reference from ogrebullet.

Thanks a lot,
Erwin
Liens

Post by Liens »

Sure can, thanks for the help.