Few questions about btOverlappingPairCallback

souvarine

Few questions about btOverlappingPairCallback

Post by souvarine »

Hello everyone, I'm new here :D

I have a few questions about the btOverlappingPairCallback class. I didn't find much information about it in the doc and the demo and I don't fully understand how it works.

First, what is the difference between btOverlappingPairCallback and btCollisionPairCallback ? Aren't those doing the same thing ?

Second, to use a btCollisionPairCallback it seem I have to register it with the setOverlappingPairUserCallback() method, but this method is only implemented into btAxisSweep3. Can't the btCollisionPairCallback be used with another broadphase system ?

And finaly I don't fully understand how btOverlappingPairCallback is used into the kinematic character controller. I understand that it is used to get a list of things that collide with the character collision object. But it seems that all other collision (collision that does not imply the character) are discarded, but then how come the collision between the cubes and the static environment are still handled ? There is something I don't get here. Could someone be kind enough to explain that to me in details ?

Thanks by advance.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Few questions about btOverlappingPairCallback

Post by Erwin Coumans »

This setOverlappingPairUserCallback will be used for the btGhostObjects in Bullet 2.73, so the KinematicCharacterController is changing.

Please ignore this functionality for now.
Thanks,
Erwin