Softbody Help

qtsohg

Softbody Help

Post by qtsohg »

Hey all (again!),

I have a question about softbodies!

Sorry about all these questions, but I have tried to figure all this our by myself!

So here goes. I need a cloth object to be fully attached on one side (managed this using setMass).
I then need the first, middle and last nodes, in the middle of the cloth to be attached (again managed this with setMass).

When running this example, I get a nice draped effect, such as a football goal.

The problem is that I need the last row of nodes to be attached below the middle line, i.e. the new position once it is draped.

I have tried getting the nodes actual position and moving this, but when doing this, the connected nodes do not move but rather keep their original position.
I then wend along and played with the velocity. I figured out that I could set the velocity of a node, stepSimulation once (passing 1 as DT) and the cloth object would result in the desired shape. The problem is that I get a lovely wobbling animation when running this, obviously there are still forces on the net that need to be resolved.

Any idea how I can get around this in a simpler manner?

Also, how do I move the whole object, as it is to a certain location? Would I need to add the position to the original 4 corner locations?

And lastly, is there a way how I can attach two patches together?

Thanks again!

Pierre