Having a little trouble getting started.

Guises

Having a little trouble getting started.

Post by Guises »

So I've read some of the introductory documentation and thought that I might work through the little Hello World tutorial here:

http://www.bulletphysics.com/mediawiki- ... ello_World

But I'm getting a bunch of unresolved token errors. Now I'm very much a novice and, granted, I don't really know what I'm doing, but I haven't attempted anything creative here - as far as I know, I'm just following the instructions. So here are my steps:

Download/install visual C++ 2008 express edition
Download bullet v. 2.72 and unzip
Open wksbullet.sln in the msvc/8 directory
press F5
(everything has gone smoothly to this point)
Set my include path to the bullet /src directory
Set my library path to the bullet /out/debug8/libs directory
Start new project called "hello" with file Hello World.cpp
Copy/paste the final code from the above link
Hit build -> errors

So anyway if anyone can offer any suggestions to give me a little smoother start, I'd appreciate it.
sparkprime

Re: Having a little trouble getting started.

Post by sparkprime »

maybe you need to explicitly link against the dynamics, collision, and math libraries in that directory
Guises

Post by Guises »

Well 'preciate the thought, but that isn't even an option. You can't set a path to a file, only a directory.
sparkprime

Post by sparkprime »

I can't remember the details but I do remember specifying at least the names of the libraries, it then searching for those libraries in the directories you gave. I don't have vs with me at the moment I'm afraid.
mickey

Post by mickey »

on the project properties -> linker -> input -> additional dependencies, you need to explicitly enter the libraries here. I think this is what sparkprime meant.

the linker tries to find the classes/functions used on the project during the linking process and is unable to - thus the error. hope that helps.