Bullet for XNA

josemarin

Bullet for XNA

Post by josemarin »

Hi.

I know that there is a Bullet port to XNA (BulletX), but it is stable to be used in a Xbox 360 game?

I don´t have a console to test, yet, but my concern is to buy a console for my project, only to find that the port hasn´t performance enought to run my game (actualy, 2 games, a rancing and a first person shooter).

Do you know if some commercial XNA game is using Bullet? Doesn´t need to say the game name, due to some NDA, only if it´s possible to use Bullet in XNA with fgood performance.

Thanks!

Jose
RBD

Re: Bullet for XNA

Post by RBD »

BulletX for XNA is supposed to be written in C# managed code, which means it will run on the XBox 360.
You ask about Xbox commercial XNA games... keep in mind that all Xbox 360 commercial games are written in C++ using a dev kit, they are not written with managed code XNA. However, Microsoft should allow distribution of XNA games via Xbox Live Arcade in the near future.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Several commercial games used (parts) of the C++ Bullet library on XBox 360 and PS3, Wii and other platforms.

But the C#/XNA port is not likely being used for commercial projects yet. Perhaps in the future?
Thanks,
Erwin
nih

Post by nih »

What's the status of XNA and Bullet? I've started using the XnaDevRu port (which seems really nice) but it's lacking stuff like heightfield support.

I saw that 2.53 had some sort of managed C# support. Is this the same thing as the XnaDevRu project, or something else entirely?

Apart from being more or less the only option for XNA, Bullet seems GREAT. I'm mystified as to why more people aren't clamoring for XNA support. Is there a future for XNA and Bullet?
ihar3d

Post by ihar3d »

We uses C# version of Bullet in our commercial project. Our port was based on BulletX, but almost all was rewritten. Now it synchronized with Bullet 2.72, but there is no SoftBody support yet. So I just should say that BulletX is unfortunately raw yet, and you should spend a lot time to make it usable for commercial purposes.