Please Help!!!

ripper9100

Please Help!!!

Post by ripper9100 »

Hi,

I've done programming before but I've never used a physics library before and I'm very confused as to how to go about using this library in my program. I've gotten the demo programs to run but I can't figure out how to use the library even after looking at the manual. In another post I saw this suggestion:

"Double click on Bullet\msvc\8\wksbullet.sln, and press F5. That should compile, link and run the Bullet source code and demo.

If you want to start a project from scratch, make sure to add the Bullet/src folder to your include path, include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h" in your .cpp file. Then link against the Bullet libraries you need. Just include the Bullet projects in your own project (libbulletdynamics.vcproj, libbulletcollision.vcproj, libbulletmath.vcproj from Bullet\msvc\8 folder), and add them to the dependencies of your own projects.

See the Bullet_User_Manual.pdf, quickstart section for more info.
Hope this helps,
Erwin"

I use Visual Studios 2008, how do I do the things that are in Bold. Currently the bullet-2.71 folder is on my desktop, should I put this folder in my project folder?
gunnar

Re: Please Help!!!

Post by gunnar »

You should probably get more comfortable with using header files and linking with libraries in general. Bullet is no different from any other external library in that sense.