The worst topic ever: how to build/use Bullet?

xissburg

The worst topic ever: how to build/use Bullet?

Post by xissburg »

:oops:

Well, that is it...When I open the Bullet project in Visual Studio, it has one solution with more than 40 projects, and the most of them are demos. I dont want to build the demos. But, then, what projects should I build? Will I get libs then? Where? I'm confused with this thing...

Sorry for the stupid question but the documentation is lacking information about this...
mickey

Re: The worst topic ever: how to build/use Bullet?

Post by mickey »

along with the project are the Bullet library code which you will need to build to generate the lib files you can use to include into your own projects.
xissburg

Post by xissburg »

Explain it better please...What projects should I build? Where will be the libs? How to setup the compiler to use Bullet? The documentation has no information on it...
zarfius

Post by zarfius »

I see what you are saying.. there are 3 projects in Visual Studio that need to be built to get things going.

libbulletcollision.vcproj
libbulletdynamics.vcproj
libbulletmath.vcproj

You should be able to build each one by simply right clicking on them, once they are built you get 3 .lib files that you can link into your own project.

To link them in you'll need to go to your project properties and setup several include directories and paths to the .lib files. Then you also need to list the .lib files in the Input section.

I'm not in front of my computer so I can't remember the exact details.. that should help get you started.
xissburg

Post by xissburg »

Thank you very much! I got it working now. My 'Hello Bullet!' application was built successfuly :D .