BulletMultiThreaded installation?

ejtttje

BulletMultiThreaded installation?

Post by ejtttje »

While I'm mucking around with the build files, is libBulletMultiThreaded ready to be installed alongside the other libraries? Right now it's being compiled but not installed anywhere.
ejtttje

Re: BulletMultiThreaded installation?

Post by ejtttje »

I suppose I should clarify as I came across a previous response in one of my old threads, that I know you intend for Bullet to be embedded by individual applications to ensure simulation stability, but I find it convenient to keep separate bullet sources and either 'install' the binaries and headers into my application source tree, or build OS X frameworks which allow some nice organizational features. (*)

Thus the real question I'm asking is, are people building apps on BulletMultiThreaded? In which case I'll set up the CMakeLists.txt to put the headers and lib in the appropriate places so it's available if an installation is requested.

(*) The nice thing with OS X framework bundles is that you can have multiple versions coexist, so each app uses the version it was compiled against... gives the best of both worlds, avoiding duplication but also avoiding the concerns of apps breaking when the library upgrades. So on this platform system library installs are perhaps more comfortable.