Please help with Makefile problem

mohican

Please help with Makefile problem

Post by mohican »

Hello there!
I integrated the Bullet Engine into our application by writing a wrapper file (bullet.cpp).
I had no issue compiling the application in VS2005, but in Linux I cant get our makefile to work.

Since on the other hand I was able to build the bullet linux libs by following the instructions that came in the manual, I am convinced it is just something not right with the makefile.... but I cant put my finger on exactly what.
I get bunch of errors in the style of:

./Core/bullet.o: In function `Bullet_CreateDynamicObject(int)':
bullet.cpp:(.text+0x1fc3): undefined reference to `btRigidBody::btRigidBody(float, btMotionState*, btCollisionShape*, btVector3 const&)'
bullet.cpp:(.text+0x24ee): undefined reference to `vtable for btRigidBody'
bullet.cpp:(.text+0x254b): undefined reference to `btCollisionObject::~btCollisionObject()'
bullet.cpp:(.text+0x25c4): undefined reference to `btAlignedFreeInternal(void*)'
bullet.cpp:(.text+0x25d3): undefined reference to `btCollisionObject::~btCollisionObject()'

The makefile worked well before, and the only lines I added were (based on looking at the demos makefile):

CORE_LDADD=-L./libs/Bullet -lbulletdynamics -lbulletcollision -lbulletmath
CORE_CXXFLAGS=-I./libs/Bullet $(CXXFLAGS)

DEDICATED_CORE_LDADD=-L./libs/Bullet -lbulletdynamics -lbulletcollision -lbulletmath
DEDICATED_CORE_CXXFLAGS=-I./libs/Bullet $(CXXFLAGS)

I have attached the makefile, and build log.
The applications that reference the bullet engine are CORE and DEDICATED_CORE

Could anyone kindly take a look and let me know what is wrong? Many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Please help with Makefile problem

Post by Erwin Coumans »

mohican wrote: CORE_LDADD=-L./libs/Bullet -lbulletdynamics -lbulletcollision -lbulletmath
You need to add this 'CORE_LDADD' to your existing linker flags, right now the Bullet libraries are not in the final linking stage:

Code: Select all

g++ -m32 `pkg-config --libs glib-2.0 libpng` -lm `sdl-config --libs` -lz -ljpeg `freetype-config --libs` `curl-config --libs` -L./libs -Wl,-rpath,./libs -lfmodex -lGL -lGLU -lGLEW -Wl,-s,-O3 ./Core/allocator.o ./Core/bans.o ./Core/bink_unix.o ./Core/bitmap.o ./Core/bsp.o ./Core/buddies.o ./Core/bullet.o ./Core/camerautils.o ./Core/client_le.o ./Core/clipboard.o ./Core/cmd.o ./Core/colorutils.o ./Core/console.o ./Core/cookie.o ./Core/cvar.o ./Core/cvar_container.o ./Core/drawutils.o ./Core/euler.o ./Core/eval.o ./Core/file.o ./Core/font.o ./Core/geom.o ./Core/gl_console.o ./Core/gl_extensionslinux.o ./Core/gl_main.o ./Core/gl_model.o ./Core/gl_scene.o ./Core/gl_scene_builder.o ./Core/gl_sdl.o ./Core/gl_terrain.o ./Core/gl_water.o ./Core/glsl.o ./Core/gui.o ./Core/gui_drawutils.o ./Core/gui_panel.o ./Core/hash.o ./Core/heap.o ./Core/host.o ./Core/host_getcoreapi.o ./Core/http.o ./Core/input.o ./Core/input_sdl.o ./Core/intersection.o ./Core/jpeg.o ./Core/keyclient.o ./Core/main_sdl.o ./Core/main_linux.o ./Core/mem.o ./Core/misc_cmds.o ./Core/navmesh.o ./Core/navpoly.o ./Core/navrep.o ./Core/net.o ./Core/net_bsdsock.o ./Core/net_deltastructs.o ./Core/net_irc.o ./Core/net_server.o ./Core/net_tcp.o ./Core/net_unix.o ./Core/packet.o ./Core/parsestats.o ./Core/quadtree.o ./Core/res.o ./Core/savage_common.o ./Core/savage_mathlib.o ./Core/scene.o ./Core/server_le.o ./Core/serverlist.o ./Core/set.o ./Core/sound_fmod.o ./Core/stringtable.o ./Core/theora_win32.o ./Core/timeofday.o ./Core/ts_terrain.o ./Core/unzip.o ./Core/vid.o ./Core/vid_sdl.o ./Core/world.o ./Core/world_lights.o ./Core/world_objectgrid.o ./Core/world_objects.o ./Core/world_tree2.o ./Core/zip.o ./Core/redblack_tree_xr.o ./keyserver/ssl-utils.o ./Core/trigger/CAABoxTrigger.o ./Core/trigger/CAABoxTriggerFactory.o ./Core/trigger/CAAPlaneTrigger.o ./Core/trigger/CAAPlaneTriggerFactory.o ./Core/trigger/CIntervalTrigger.o ./Core/trigger/CIntervalTriggerFactory.o ./Core/trigger/CPSphereTrigger.o ./Core/trigger/CPSphereTriggerFactory.o ./Core/trigger/CSilverbackFileReader.o ./Core/trigger/CTriggerManager.o ./Core/trigger/ITriggerFactoryMethod.o ./Core/trigger/triggers.o -o silverback.bin
You could try to add them the linker flags like this (just before the line 'default: debug'):

GAME_LFLAGS += CORE_LDADD
DEDICATED_CORE_LDADD += DEDICATED_CORE_LDADD
Hope this helps,
Erwin
mohican

Post by mohican »

Thx for the quick reply!

I modified the makefile and got the libs into the g++ command:

g++ -m32 `pkg-config --libs glib-2.0 libpng` -lm `sdl-config --libs` -lz -ljpeg `freetype-config --libs` `curl-config --libs` -L./libs -Wl,-rpath,./libs -lfmodex -lGL -lGLU -lGLEW -L./libs/Bullet -Wl,-rpath,./libs/Bullet -lbulletdynamics -lbulletcollision -lbulletmath -Wl,-s,-O3 ./Core/allocator.o ./Core/bans.o ./Core/bink_unix.o ./Core/bitmap.o ./Core/bsp.o ./Core/buddies.o ./Core/bullet.o ./Core/camerautils.o ./Core/client_le.o ./Core/clipboard.o ./Core/cmd.o ./Core/colorutils.o ./Core/console.o ./Core/cookie.o ./Core/cvar.o ./Core/cvar_container.o ./Core/drawutils.o ./Core/euler.o ./Core/eval.o ./Core/file.o ./Core/font.o ./Core/geom.o ./Core/gl_console.o ./Core/gl_extensionslinux.o ./Core/gl_main.o ./Core/gl_model.o ./Core/gl_scene.o ./Core/gl_scene_builder.o ./Core/gl_sdl.o ./Core/gl_terrain.o ./Core/gl_water.o ./Core/glsl.o ./Core/gui.o ./Core/gui_drawutils.o ./Core/gui_panel.o ./Core/hash.o ./Core/heap.o ./Core/host.o ./Core/host_getcoreapi.o ./Core/http.o ./Core/input.o ./Core/input_sdl.o ./Core/intersection.o ./Core/jpeg.o ./Core/keyclient.o ./Core/main_sdl.o ./Core/main_linux.o ./Core/mem.o ./Core/misc_cmds.o ./Core/navmesh.o ./Core/navpoly.o ./Core/navrep.o ./Core/net.o ./Core/net_bsdsock.o ./Core/net_deltastructs.o ./Core/net_irc.o ./Core/net_server.o ./Core/net_tcp.o ./Core/net_unix.o ./Core/packet.o ./Core/parsestats.o ./Core/quadtree.o ./Core/res.o ./Core/savage_common.o ./Core/savage_mathlib.o ./Core/scene.o ./Core/server_le.o ./Core/serverlist.o ./Core/set.o ./Core/sound_fmod.o ./Core/stringtable.o ./Core/theora_win32.o ./Core/timeofday.o ./Core/ts_terrain.o ./Core/unzip.o ./Core/vid.o ./Core/vid_sdl.o ./Core/world.o ./Core/world_lights.o ./Core/world_objectgrid.o ./Core/world_objects.o ./Core/world_tree2.o ./Core/zip.o ./Core/redblack_tree_xr.o ./keyserver/ssl-utils.o ./Core/trigger/CAABoxTrigger.o ./Core/trigger/CAABoxTriggerFactory.o ./Core/trigger/CAAPlaneTrigger.o ./Core/trigger/CAAPlaneTriggerFactory.o ./Core/trigger/CIntervalTrigger.o ./Core/trigger/CIntervalTriggerFactory.o ./Core/trigger/CPSphereTrigger.o ./Core/trigger/CPSphereTriggerFactory.o ./Core/trigger/CSilverbackFileReader.o ./Core/trigger/CTriggerManager.o ./Core/trigger/ITriggerFactoryMethod.o ./Core/trigger/triggers.o -o silverback.bin
However, it still errors out with the same undefined reference messages.
I have attached the latest makefile and log.
P.S: I have tried with and without the line < -Wl,-rpath,./libs/Bullet > The result was the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mohican

Post by mohican »

Erwin, I still cant compile my program.
Would you mind checking the log and makefile I posted in my previous reply?
mohican

Post by mohican »

I finally found the solution to my problem, after reading this thread!

Basically, the Bullet libs need to be specified AFTER the *.o files.