Creating vcproj files using Jam

Sly

Creating vcproj files using Jam

Post by Sly »

I managed to get Jam running through cygwin on Windows to build the msvcgen target. This creates all the msvc project files, plus the xenon8 and sn71 project files. Why are the PS3 SN project files for MSVC 7.1 and not 8? We are currently using GCC for PS3, but will be switching to SN soon.

Note: Getting Jam running through cygwin required changing .jam files and shell scripts from DOS to Unix line endings, and I use ActivePerl, so config.jam had to be changed so that TTREE was "c:/perl/bin/ttree" instead of "/cygdrive/c/perl/bin//ttree".
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Creating vcproj files using Jam

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Sly wrote:Why are the PS3 SN project files for MSVC 7.1 and not 8? We are currently using GCC for PS3, but will be switching to SN soon.
It was an experiment to add PS3 support, we never ended up using it. It is hard for us to maintain and support msvcgen, but great if it is useful for you.
Note: Getting Jam running through cygwin required changing .jam files and shell scripts from DOS to Unix line endings, and I use ActivePerl, so config.jam had to be changed so that TTREE was "c:/perl/bin/ttree" instead of "/cygdrive/c/perl/bin//ttree".
Interesting you got it up and running under Windows/cygwin. Thanks for sharing the info,
Erwin