Custom bouncing reaction, rotation, translation, controller

Nino

Custom bouncing reaction, rotation, translation, controller

Post by Nino »

Hi every one,

First of all, thank you for the Bullet Physic Library, you are doing an amazing job ;)

Well, I am at the moment developping a game with my team and I am in charge of the physic simulation. Thanks to Bullet, I already got my collision dection working :D

The game we are doing is a fighting game and I have a couple of questions about the implementation and some issues.

First: Is it possible to apply rotation, translation or any kind of movements to an group of static or kinetic objects ? I have tried to use the "Translate" function but when I release the button, the block come back to its initial position :?

Is it possible to custom the bouncing reaction ? In my debug program, I have implemented a function that allows to throw cubes. I would like them to not bounce when they hit our platform arena (like a "jump" for a character). Is there any function to tune that reaction ?

And my last question, what is the best solution to represent a character ? a rigid body ? kinetic body ? the class "Character controler" ? I don't know what to choose and how I could implement the moves :( (foward, backward, strafe left, strafe right, jump...)

Thank you again,
regards,

Nino.

PS: sorry if I made mistakes, my english is not so good ;)