Questions about collada converter in bullet

Anubis

Questions about collada converter in bullet

Post by Anubis »

Hi there,

I am working on a project that includes bullet physics into some of its games. Wich works perfectly so far really. Had some minor issues but fixed all of them.

But well we have now moved on to making levels for some of the games, and we thought it be good to use collada for it so we can make the levels in 3dsMax and then import the whole thing into bullet. But now i am asking, is it just a matter of calling 1 simple function of the collada converter and all the stuff is converted? Because that is how it is in the collada demo.

I have been using c++ for over a year now, but im still at school so im not doing it full time. But my c++ skills are good, but there is still alot of things i dont understand or have no clue how they work after i read through it. Like the collada converter.

So I wonder if all i need to do is import the collada converter into my project and it will do the rest, or does it need some modification? Also, is there a way to get the visual model out of the collada file?

thanks

ps im working with bullet 2.67 currently but swapping to newest version shouldnt be that big of a problem
John McCutchan

Re: Questions about collada converter in bullet

Post by John McCutchan »

If you plan on using the ColladaConverter I highly recommend using Bullet 2.68. It contains many improvements to the converter. Yes, you should be able to mimic what is done in the ColladaConverter demo in your own code.

Thanks,
John