Summer Sports: Paradise Island

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
AlexSilverman

Summer Sports: Paradise Island

Post by AlexSilverman »

Hello,

http://summersportsgame.com/

Summer Sports (in stores today) was the first Wii project for me and most of the small team here, and it was built on a pretty short cycle. It's a modest collection of sports minigames, and while it may not be exactly what we dreamed about making once we made it into this industry, it was a great learning experience, made better (and really, made possible) by using Bullet. The simulations aren't the most complicated, but I was very impressed at how fast the mesh collision routines are, as some of our mini-golf courses have a fairly large triangle count to the collision mesh, with up to 4 golf balls rolling about, as well as ray casting (for dynamic object transparency) and additional box-mesh collision (for dynamic player transparency) being computed most frames with no slowdown that I ever saw.

The game features 3 basketball games (HORSE, Around the World, and a timed basket competition) with a dynamic net (unfortunately just a few months too late for the fantastic looking soft body ropes though), volleyball, croquet, badminton, lawn darts, horseshoes, and 9 holes of mini-golf.

Huge thanks to Erwin and the entire Bullet community, for writing, maintaining and improving this fantastic library.

- Alex