libbulletcuda for OS X

jimt

libbulletcuda for OS X

Post by jimt »

Hello,

I'm trying to get libbulletcuda built for OS X in bullet-2.75-rc3. While I don't see anything related in the source tree to make this happen, I could be missing something. Can someone help me get this built for OS X?

Thanks!
LEgregius

Re: libbulletcuda for OS X

Post by LEgregius »

I looked into that too. There only appears to be build stuff for visual studio. I'm not sure what needs to happen to build that stuff, that is I don't know if some compiler needs to be run on the cuda code before runtime or what. If someone can give me the basics of what needs to happen, I can write the CMake script. I just didn't have time to both research it and code it.
jimt

Re: libbulletcuda for OS X

Post by jimt »

As far as I can tell, all that needs to happen is to compile the contents of Extras/CUDA and bundle them up into a libbulletcuda.a. I started down this path, but started getting confused about what steps need to be done by nvcc on the .cu files versus what needs to be done by gcc. I've read that gcc should be used for linking of the results of the sources compiled by nvcc, but when I try to compile the .cu files with nvcc, it ends up trying to compile a mess of files related to GLUT, and eventually dies. I really need to understand the relationship between nvcc and gcc a bit better...