Noobie starting

xSilv

Noobie starting

Post by xSilv »

Hello, i am kinda new here. So i dont know if this is the right section to post. But i really need some help.

So i downloaded and installed MS Visual Studio 2008 Pro and downloaded the latest Bullet SDK 2.74
I have followed Erwin's method and just double clicked bullet-2.74\msvc\8\wksbullet.sln
I pressed Build and could see some demos. But i wot i really need to inspect is the file CollisionInterfaceDemo

But how? I have searched this forum and google for more then 3days now and its driving me nuts. I can only find some CollisionInterfaceDemo.cpp and CollisionInterfaceDemo.h file in the folders of "mscv" and "demo", but don know how to start compiling it.. or make exe?
I am really new into this, can someone tell me how to start? Nothing on the wiki ...

thx in advance
xwipeoutx

Re: Noobie starting

Post by xwipeoutx »

If you open up the wkbullet solution, you'll see a stack of projects there.

Right click one of them, and click 'set as default startup project', and it will be run when you run the solution.

I suggest you spend a bit more time getting to know your IDE, integrating physics simulation gets a bit more complex than what you're trying to do now, and without a solid foundation, I dare say it will be difficult.
xSilv

Re: Noobie starting

Post by xSilv »

i did it like u said. but still after compiling it it just gives me an applet window with a cube spinning at high speed instead of some normal applet. i i will upload a video of it later on thx

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87UDiFTXL3M