SoftBody strange and weird error

falcosolitario

SoftBody strange and weird error

Post by falcosolitario »

Hi all
I'm integrating Bullet with my 3d engine, which will be ready in a very short time, but i have encountered a really weird error.
No bugs from static and dynamic body collision, but when i try to use softbody the result is strange.
On a NVIDIA 8800 GTS when the softbody collide with a static one, it first really slow down and then i got an error from the opengl driver, as if the number of faces or vertex is wrong. On another pc, with an ati 1950, the SAME software runs and i can see the body deforming and reacting.
Only a driver problem? no.
I have updated the driver on the first system to the last version, but the problem remain
I have also made a test on macbook pro and two different imacs.
On osx when the softbody collides with the static one it simply disappear. So it seem that for some reason the pc with the ati doesn't get the error, while all the other system are affected by it.
It really seems that there is some discontiuity between the points to be drawn and thei number.
So the question is:
does the softbody change the vertex number or the face number or the index list?
has the sofbody to be constructed in a particular way? (i'ìm using the trimesh helper)
Does anyone encountered a similar situation?