Synchronizing two rigid bodies

gjaegy

Synchronizing two rigid bodies

Post by gjaegy »

Hi,

In my application I sometimes need to replace a normal body through a kinematic body, and vice-versa.

I haven't found any method that allows me to do it, so here is actually what I am doing:

Code: Select all

if (pBodyRemoved)
	m_pWorld->removeRigidBody(pBodyRemoved);

if (pBodyAdded)
	m_pWorld->addRigidBody(pBodyAdded); 

if (pBodyRemoved && pBodyAdded)
{
	// init body
	pBodyAdded->setWorldTransform(pBodyRemoved->getWorldTransform());
	pBodyAdded->setInterpolationWorldTransform(pBodyRemoved->getInterpolationWorldTransform());
	pBodyAdded->setLinearVelocity(pBodyRemoved->getLinearVelocity());
	pBodyAdded->setAngularVelocity(pBodyRemoved->getAngularVelocity());
	pBodyAdded->setAngularFactor(pBodyRemoved->getAngularFactor());
	pBodyAdded->setDeactivationTime(pBodyRemoved->getDeactivationTime());
	pBodyAdded->setActivationState(pBodyRemoved->getActivationState());
}
I haven't a deep-enough knowledge of the library, so I am not sure whether this is supposed to work or not, and whether there is anything else I need to synchronize or not.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me on that point.

[EDIT] It seems there is something wrong. First of all, my kinematic object is created with the "DISABLE_DEACTIVATION" flag, so I guess the ActivationState doesn't sync.
My main issue is the following: let's consider two objects having each a normal rigid body. They collide and react.
After some time, both objects don't move anymore (deactivated). At this point I replace the two rigid bodies with kinematic bodies.
However, in the case the objects are for instance one above the other, a collision is detected the next frame and both objects are thrown away (big reaction in other word). Any idea what happens ?

Cheers,
Gregory
gjaegy

Re: Synchronizing two rigid bodies

Post by gjaegy »

little "up" ;)