Is the international units used in Bullet physics?

Xuhai.Tang

Is the international units used in Bullet physics?

Post by Xuhai.Tang »

Is the international units (meter, Newton, Pa) used in Bullet Physics?

Thank you.
justin

Re: Is the international units used in Bullet physics?

Post by justin »

Xuhai.Tang wrote:Is the international units (meter, Newton, Pa) used in Bullet Physics?

Thank you.
I checked some, and the answer is probably yes.
dikobraz

Post by dikobraz »

Xuhai.Tang wrote:Is the international units (meter, Newton, Pa) used in Bullet Physics?

Thank you.
Yes. I have faced only the problem determining btRotationalLimitMotor::m_MaxMotorForce units. In my experiments the unit is not "Newton * meter". I will be very appreciated if someone explains the meaning and unit of the m_MaxMotorForce variable.
bone

Post by bone »

dikobraz wrote:

Thank you.
Yes. I have faced only the problem determining btRotationalLimitMotor::m_MaxMotorForce units. In my experiments the unit is not "Newton * meter". I will be very appreciated if someone explains the meaning and unit of the m_MaxMotorForce variable.
I don't actually know, but my guess is that it may be the impulse equivalent of a torque. In other words, perhaps the unit is "Newton * meter * seconds", where the seconds comes from the timestep (dt).
dikobraz

Post by dikobraz »

bone wrote:
dikobraz wrote:

Thank you.
I don't actually know, but my guess is that it may be the impulse equivalent of a torque. In other words, perhaps the unit is "Newton * meter * seconds", where the seconds comes from the timestep (dt).
Thanks. I suppose you are right, accordingly to my experients and http://illumium.org/node/31(in russian, but code is in C++ anyway) this value is really angular momentum.
gerry90

Post by gerry90 »

I would say yes, but 24hr-printer-cartridges.com difficult define them, I'll check