Static linking of bullet in my app (linux, gcc)

godlike

Static linking of bullet in my app (linux, gcc)

Post by godlike »

I've build bullet statically and successfully created a few .a files. Now I want to use this static libs in my app. My link command line is:

Code: Select all

-rdynamic -Bdynamic -lGL -lGLU -lSDL_image -ljpeg -lGLEW -Bstatic `sdl-config --static-libs` -L../../../bullet_svn/src/BulletDynamics -lBulletDynamics -L../../../bullet_svn/src/BulletCollision -lBulletCollision -L../../../bullet_svn/src/LinearMath -lLinearMath -L../../../bullet_svn/src/BulletSoftBody -lBulletSoftBody
The problem is that I get a linkage error:

main.o:(.rodata._ZTV17btTypedConstraint[vtable for btTypedConstraint]+0x60): undefined reference to `btTypedConstraint::serialize(void*, btSerializer*) const'
When I use the dynamic libraries of bullet the linking caries out successfully. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Static linking of bullet in my app (linux, gcc)

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Strange, I've not seen this before.

The Bullet demos are using static linking by default. Have you tried building the demos using cmake, and does that work for you?

Make sure the link order is: BulletSoftBody, BulletDynamics, BulletCollision and LinearMath.

Thanks,
Erwin
godlike

Re: Static linking of bullet in my app (linux, gcc)

Post by godlike »

After a long search this is the magic link command:

gcc <list of .o> -rdynamic -L../../../bullet_svn/src/BulletSoftBody -L../../../bullet_svn/src/BulletDynamics -L../../../bullet_svn/src/BulletCollision -L../../../bullet_svn/src/LinearMath -Wl,-Bstatic -lBulletSoftBody -lBulletDynamics -lBulletCollision -lLinearMath -lGLEW -lSDL_image -lGLU -Wl,-Bdynamic -lSDL -lpthread -lGL -ljpeg -lpng -ltiff
You have to put "-Wl,-Bstatic" before "-Wl,-Bdynamic" and resolve any dependency that bullet needs