Comment GIMPACT demo for concave mesh to mesh collision

Bruno Martin

Comment GIMPACT demo for concave mesh to mesh collision

Post by Bruno Martin »

Hello,

I have look in many discussions to find information about concave mesh to mesh collision detection and concave object decomposition into convex parts and everything points to the GIMPACT demo and the use of Gimpact algorithm and structures. What follows is intended to be a constructive criticism:

As it seems to be the only example to learn and play with non-convex mesh to mesh collisions, I think it might benefit from a little code cleaning and commenting. Maybe less people, starting with myself, would post very similar questions concerning this precise topic.

For example, could you help me on these particular points:

1) How do you make the bunny triangular mesh appear and be part of the collision process?
2) If one of the main goal of this demo is to show people the usage of Gimpact and convex decomposition, why all the #ifdef? What is suppose to be the consequence of activating BULLET_TRIANGLE_COLLISION for example?
3) What makes the chain rotate?

To wrap it up, I think that the ease of use and learning curve of this incredible library could be greatly improved simply by adding some comments to the demos to make them look more as tutorials.

Thanks