AMD and Bullet

spark_su

AMD and Bullet

Post by spark_su »

It is true?
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/20 ... ouble.aspx

Amd and Bullet support each other?
Does the Bullet will support the amd's opencl?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: AMD and Bullet

Post by Erwin Coumans »

AMD indeed offers support in accelerating the OpenCL version of Bullet. Aside from AMD, we also we are involved in several collaborations with professional game and movie companies and hardware vendors, including Sony, Intel and NVidia.

The OpenCL acceleration, planned for Bullet 3.x release is cross-platform and works with all compliant OpenCL implementations. We make sure our implementation is optimized and compatible with NVidia Geforce, ATI Radeon and Intel Larrabee GPUs, Intel and AMD CPU and Apple Snow Leopard.
There will be also continued support for PlayStation 3 Cell SPU acceleration, and possibly other platform-specific optimizations.
Thanks,
Erwin
spark_su

Post by spark_su »

thank Erwin!
Does Bullet 3.x have timetable?
RBD

Post by RBD »

Erwin Coumans wrote:AMD indeed offers support in accelerating the OpenCL version of Bullet.[...]
Thanks, I read the AMD press release (AMD Announces Open Physics Initiative Designed to Bring New Levels of Realism to Gaming, Simulations, Popular Applications) and am curious as to the wording. Does anyone know if AMD announced support for Pixelux to develop OpenCL accelerated DMM using Bullet Physics, or to support OpenCL accelerated open source Bullet Physics engine itself... or both? Thanks.

p.s. Downloaded the AMD OpenCL SDK... thanks for uploading the AMD OpenCL projects.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

spark_su wrote:thank Erwin!
Does Bullet 3.x have timetable?
There is no public schedule yet, but some of our OpenCL experiments are available in the OpenCL branch on googlecode.
Does anyone know if AMD announced support for Pixelux to develop OpenCL accelerated DMM using Bullet Physics, or to support OpenCL accelerated open source Bullet Physics engine itself... or both? Thanks.
I think this information is not public yet.

Thanks,
Erwin
Mr. Wonko

Post by Mr. Wonko »

Erwin Coumans wrote:
Does anyone know if AMD announced support for Pixelux to develop OpenCL accelerated DMM using Bullet Physics, or to support OpenCL accelerated open source Bullet Physics engine itself... or both? Thanks.
I think this information is not public yet.
Since the information is public now, when can we expect more?

For example it's not very clear who will be able to use the free DMM2 Engine - I consider myself an "interested developers", does that mean "Free PC DMM2 is expected to be made available shortly" to me?

P.S.: I would have posted this before the news if I had gotten the activation mail earlier...
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

These are the Bullet forums, not about DMM or DMM2. Perhaps ask the question on the DMM forums or AMD forums?

AMD plans to make contributions to Bullet, and we welcome them. Note that we continue to accept contributions from anyone, and continue to work with Intel and NVidia. In other words, we are independent and not tied to a single hardware manufacturer.

Thanks,
Erwin