Activated rigid body is still in air.

CookieMonster

Activated rigid body is still in air.

Post by CookieMonster »

When I have made a hole in a height field, I activate all rigid bodies in the area but they are still sleeping in the air for about 1 second before they fall down or go back to sleep in the air. They claim to be active directly when I have activated them but they don't fall down instantly. I use Bullet 2.79.
CookieMonster

Re: Activated rigid body is still in air.

Post by CookieMonster »

When I run into a mountain from the side and make a hole in it, the vehicle behave as if there was no hole until it has moved around a bit. Reversing and going forward again makes the collision update according to the height field and let the vehicle pass without a collision.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

It could be that contact points are not updated because you changed the collision shape. If you modify collision shapes, the best way is to remove the objects first, then make the modification, and re-insert it into the world.

Alternatively, you can manually flush the contact points for a given object using an API call, for example:

Code: Select all

world->getBroadphase()->getOverlappingPairCache()->cleanProxyFromPairs(object->getBroadphaseHandle(),world->getDispatcher());
CookieMonster

Post by CookieMonster »

Thanks, I will try flushing whenever a collision shape has been modified.

Edit:
Both methods worked fine. :)