how can i seam cloth piece use bullet

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
yoogera

how can i seam cloth piece use bullet

Post by yoogera »

hi, now i dev a cloth simulation system use bullet. i can create btsoftbody from triangle mesh, but this btsoftbody is just a cloth piece, is anyone know how to seam these pieces into a cloth.

now i do it by change bullet source code, i add a function to change the btsoftbody::btNode to its seam btsoftbody's btNode. this can do right but is there any other method to seam two btsoftbody node by node?
mobeen

Re: how can i seam cloth piece use bullet

Post by mobeen »

For adding seams, you should insert additional distance constraints (with a high stiffness) at the adjacent edges of the two cloth pieces. This will ensure that the two cloth pieces stick together.
yoogera

Re: how can i seam cloth piece use bullet

Post by yoogera »

mobeen wrote:For adding seams, you should insert additional distance constraints (with a high stiffness) at the adjacent edges of the two cloth pieces. This will ensure that the two cloth pieces stick together.
thk you, i have done it in that way, but i found it's collision process may wrong. because this extra links must insert into a softbody(b), and one node(nodeA) of link is in another softbody(a). so if softbody(b) is simulation after softbody(a), the nodeA may pass through the rigid body between softbody(a) and softbody(b).