btDbvt.h compile error - [SOLVED]

Richmar1

btDbvt.h compile error - [SOLVED]

Post by Richmar1 »

Hello everyone, my name is Richard. I hope you all have had a nice day. I just have a quick problem I need help with if that's ok with you. I have downloaded the latest version of the bullet sdk (bullet-2.82-r2704.zip) and have compiled it all successfully using Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate. I have compiled successfully using both the vs2010 toolchain and the vs2013 toolchain. Unfortunately while using the sdk in an internal project i'm getting this one nagging compile error that I've failed to fix for the passed 2 days. The exact error is:

"
1>c:\dev\physics\bullet\src\BulletCollision/BroadphaseCollision/btDbvt.h(149): error C2365: 'Intersect' : redefinition; previous definition was 'namespace'
1>c:\dev\physics\bullet\src\BulletCollision/BroadphaseCollision/btDbvt.h(152): error C2365: 'Intersect' : redefinition; previous definition was 'namespace'
1>c:\dev\physics\bullet\src\BulletCollision/BroadphaseCollision/btDbvt.h(522): error C2365: 'Intersect' : redefinition; previous definition was 'namespace'
1>c:\dev\physics\bullet\src\BulletCollision/BroadphaseCollision/btDbvt.h(546): error C2365: 'Intersect' : redefinition; previous definition was 'namespace'
"

you may suggest that this is a multiple include issue in my code, unfortunately, this occurs even if i ONLY include <btBulletDynamicsCommon.h> in the entire project. Is this a known issue or does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thank you guys very much, I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Edit: Thank you guys for taking a look. I have thankfully found out why I am having this issue. It turns out, that the other library I am using (CRYENGINE) has declared a namespace called "Intersect" in one of it's modules. I have not solved the issue but I now know what is causing it and will now work on a solution. Thank you guys for your time, I really appreciate it.

Edit 2: The issue has been solved. Luckily, I had the source code to the files declaring and using the "Intersect" namespace, and just wrapped it around another namespace "Cry".

To the Moderators: You can mark this topic as Solved. Thanks again