I'm working with the btRaycastVehicle class and have encountered a few issues that I've been unable to resolve.
1. A single btRaycastVehicle with two wheels, Box collision shape (for now).
2. Both wheels use the same suspension setup.
3. The vehicle is confined to a 2D plane via a btGeneric6DofConstraint.
4. The vehicle rides on a btTriangleMesh.
Here is the relevant XML for my vehicle configuration:
<!-- Suspension Settings -->
<!-- Global Vehicle Settings -->
<WheelDirectionCS0 X=+0 Y=-1 Z=+0></WheelDirectionCS0>
<WheelAxleCS X=+0 Y=+0 Z=+1></WheelAxleCS>
<CoordinateSystem X=+0 Y=+1 Z=+2></CoordinateSystem>
<!-- Individual wheel Settings -->
<BackWheelLoc X=-12 Y=-2.5 Z=0></BackWheelLoc>
<FrontWheelLoc X=+12 Y=-2.5 Z=0></FrontWheelLoc>
<Component Type=DynamicRigidBody Name=Body Primary=P>
<Size X=15 Y=4 Z=2></Size>
1. The wheels only minimally rotate. I'm using the WheelInfo.m_rotation value (which is supposed to be the absolute rotation), but it is almost always reporting ~0. The DeltaRotation is also nearly zero. The vehicle moves and behaves fairly well however, and works in all other respects.
Debugging the speed vs. wheel rotation gives me a max speed of around 140km/hr as reported by the class, but the wheels do not rotate at any speed.
Debugging the code reveals the wheels are not slipping and are in contact, so I'm not sure what is going on.
2. The vehicle gets stuck if it slows down to zero after moving and colliding with the terrain. No amount of force will make the vehicle move after that point.
Thanks for any help! I can provide more source if needed.