btCylinderShape and btConeShape non stop bouncing

nikomaster

btCylinderShape and btConeShape non stop bouncing

Post by nikomaster »

I have been playing with these two shapes mostly using them as constraints on vehicles. The problem here is they behave strange when colliding with an static object such as btBoxShape, or a btBvhTriangleMeshShape. They just don't stop bouncing and it is seen they penetrate the static shape for a few units and bounce back. I think this contact penetration is causing this non stop bouncing. This happens with these two shapes only, with dynamic boxes,spheres and convex hull shapes I have no problem whatsoever.

I searched the forum for an answer but got nothing so far, I implemented the gContactAddedCallback and did what is suggested in this thread http://www.bulletphysics.org/Bullet/php ... &view=next and still I have the same bouncing of the cylinder. I changed restitution to 0, set an angular damping which helped just a little but I am still have the same behaviour.

I am using a simulation rate of 120 hz.

All objects sizes are between 0.3 and 7 units.

EDIT: Never mind, I gave up with bullet built in cylinder shape and made my own cylinder shape using btConvexHullShape, it works like charm. I'll do the same with te cone shape, still t would be good to know why is this happening with these built in shapes