Compilation Error: CUSTOMBUILD has wrong path

RaenirSalazar

Compilation Error: CUSTOMBUILD has wrong path

Post by RaenirSalazar »

So on my desktop computer I went and included the BulletPhysics library into my project, built it and so on and everything worked and everything was fine until I decided that it was kinda slow for what I was doing and thus the wrong way of doing things without something to speed things up so I switched implementations without actually removing the project in case I wanted to revisit it.

Then I went and pushed my project that compiled fine to github and then downloaded my project onto the other computer using GitHub and tried to compile it.

Initially I had to fix the project properties to use the Solution path variables as opposed to the previous absolute path it defaulted to but I despite checking every file I knew to check, the problem still unfortunately persists.

It occurs when I try to build any or all of my sub/dependent projects.

I tried doing a search for "F:/Documents/..." in the root directory of the project, deleted or edited every file that turned up to no avail. I tried search for CUSTOMBUILD and found nothing but two log files.

To reiterate, I did go to the project properties of every project and fixed the INCLUDE directories for them, the problem persists in relation to this CUSTOMBUILD file.

My theory it has something to do with having to have originally built the dependency libraries using CMAKE (or PREMAKE, I forget which one I had to use) but checking the lists and the config files didn't show me anything illuminating.

The easy solution might be to simply remove BulletPhysics as I'm not using it at the moment but my little experience with git and the instability of the windows git client makes that a last resort at this time (it will crash processing too many files) and I would like to revisit BT at some point.

I don't really know what to check next.

Just to be clear, the '...' is meant to mean 'blah blah blah my path here' for brevity.
Basroil

Re: Compilation Error: CUSTOMBUILD has wrong path

Post by Basroil »

Sounds like you hard linked absolute paths rather than using relative path hierarchies (../ ./ etc), which means if you change the project location things will break. Simply switch your absolute paths to relative ones and you'll be fine.
RaenirSalazar

Post by RaenirSalazar »

Basroil wrote:Sounds like you hard linked absolute paths rather than using relative path hierarchies (../ ./ etc), which means if you change the project location things will break. Simply switch your absolute paths to relative ones and you'll be fine.
As I explained in my post I did so with the Project Properties > Configuration Settings - Include Directory; so for every instance I know of that has specific values for paths, I switched to $(SolutionDir), however the error still occurs for the one and only one file, which is CUSTOMBUILD where it says the path to my project (referring to its absolute path on my desktop) does not exist.
RaenirSalazar

Post by RaenirSalazar »

Solved

Yay.