looking for tutorials on how to combine ogre and bullet

LiuXiaodong

looking for tutorials on how to combine ogre and bullet

Post by LiuXiaodong »

i am a new to this field of programming,i tried both ogre and bullet successfully,but when i am trying to combine them problems just happen. so i am looking for tutorials on how to combine ogre and bullet,or could someone share some experience?
Athos06

Re: looking for tutorials on how to combine ogre and bullet

Post by Athos06 »

Hi, I m in the same situation. You have a few options available, if you a are a newbie like me you could use btOgre (search it on the ogre forums) its basically a few classes that you should make yourself to bind ogre and bullet, but someguy already made it and post it for everyone to use, so you could use that as a first step. You also have ogreBullet, a bullet wrapper for bullet, but there is almost no documentation and you could learn and use just bullet instead I guess.

there are some basic tutorials out there with bullet + ogre for the basics, world creation and initialization, motionStates, collisionShapes and rigidbodies, you can find tutorials about that just and you have the basics. Thats what I did, Im not in a much better position than you, Im only telling you what im doing in case you like the idea.