cannot compile the demos with visual C++ 2010

erinql

cannot compile the demos with visual C++ 2010

Post by erinql »

Hello,

my sytem ist Windows 7 (32 bit !!). Now I tried to compile the demos of bullet 2.82 by loading the 0BulletSolution.sln with visual C++ 2010. I got a lot of warnings (I try to translate), for example:

Code: Select all

"Couldn't find the platform "x64", the project file "App_HelloWorld" ist linked against that platform."
... (all demos)
I started the debugger with F5 and was told that some bullet modules must be recompiled since the found modules were obsolete. I went on and got the following error messages:

"App_HelloWorld_vs2010_debug.exe": "C:\Users\rn\Desktop\Bullet\bullet-2.82-r2704\App_HelloWorld_vs2010_debug.exe" geladen, Symbole wurden geladen.
"App_HelloWorld_vs2010_debug.exe": "C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll" geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"App_HelloWorld_vs2010_debug.exe": "C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll" geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"App_HelloWorld_vs2010_debug.exe": "C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll" geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
What is wrong and (more important) what to do?
horvatha4

Re: cannot compile the demos with visual C++ 2010

Post by horvatha4 »

Hi!
Ok, step by step:
Project directories are set?

ALT-F7 --->
VC++ Directories ->>>> Include Directories, Library Directories
Linker->General->Enable Incremental Linking : NO

This must set for the Debug and Realese version. Or select first -> All configuration - and then set.
Upper left corner on the property page - Configuration -> Debug, Realese, ..., All configuration

Arpi
erinql

Re: cannot compile the demos with visual C++ 2010

Post by erinql »

To say the truth: I don't understand anything about Visual C++. I don't understand the cause of the warnings, I don't know how to configure Visual C++, I don't know how to handle the "solutions" and projects. And now you might ask: why using Visual C++? Indeed, I'm familiar with Codeblocks, OpenGL and SDL and I was able to compile and use bullet 2.82 with codeblocks.

But bullet is not easy to understand, and so I bought the book "Learning Game Physics with Bullet Physics and OpenGL" (Chris Dickenson). Unfortunately this book is very strongly focused on Visual C++ and FreeGlut. The belonging source code, downloadable from packtPub.com, is wrapped in .sln files. The intention of this method is to create a completely configured VCC environment so that the reader doesn't need to get angry about the vcc settings. Running the source of the first chapter (with only an empty window) generates the same VCC warnings as described above, after loading the .sln file. Here the original text, not translated:

C:\Users\rn\Desktop\Bullet_Lernen\Bullet\build\vs2010\BulletCollision.vcxproj : warning  : Die Plattform "x64",  auf die in der Projektdatei "BulletCollision" verwiesen wird, wurde nicht gefunden. Vergewissern Sie sich, dass  die Plattform unter "%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64" installiert wurde.
C:\Users\rn\Desktop\Bullet_Lernen\Bullet\build\vs2010\BulletDynamics.vcxproj : warning  : Die Plattform "x64",  auf die in der Projektdatei "BulletDynamics" verwiesen wird, wurde nicht gefunden. Vergewissern Sie sich, dass  die Plattform unter "%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64" installiert wurde.
C:\Users\rn\Desktop\Bullet_Lernen\Bullet\build\vs2010\LinearMath.vcxproj : warning  : Die Plattform "x64", auf  die in der Projektdatei "LinearMath" verwiesen wird, wurde nicht gefunden. Vergewissern Sie sich, dass die  Plattform unter "%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64" installiert wurde.
C:\Users\rn\Desktop\Bullet_Lernen\FreeGLUT\VisualStudio\2010\freeglut.vcxproj : warning  : Die Plattform "x64",  auf die in der Projektdatei "freeglut" verwiesen wird, wurde nicht gefunden. Vergewissern Sie sich, dass die  Plattform unter "%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64" installiert wurde.
What does it mean: The platform "x64", which the project file "BulletCollision" points at, couldn't be found.
And what does it mean: Make sure, that you have the platform under "%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64" installed.

How can I install a "x64 platform" on a 32 bit system? ????
erinql

Re: cannot compile the demos with visual C++ 2010 -- SOLVED

Post by erinql »

Ok, I've configured a codeblocks project with the source code of the VCC solution. It's easier to configure a codeblocks project from the scratch than get a visual c++ "solution" running. BTW: codeblocks is much more comfortable than the clumsy, cumbersome visual monster.

Thank you for your trial to help me
Basroil

Re: cannot compile the demos with visual C++ 2010 -- SOLVED

Post by Basroil »

erinql wrote:Ok, I've configured a codeblocks project with the source code of the VCC solution. It's easier to configure a codeblocks project from the scratch than get a visual c++ "solution" running. BTW: codeblocks is much more comfortable than the clumsy, cumbersome visual monster.

Thank you for your trial to help me
Or of course you could have just checked the build folder for the VC2010 solution that has most of the demos enabled :roll: It's right there in the read-me