Kinematic object issue

Katachi

Kinematic object issue

Post by Katachi »

Hi everyone,

static and dynamic objects work fine for me. However I have a kinematic object defined and it does not collide with e.g. a dynamic sphere.

What I do is I set the kinematic collision flag, deactivate disabling, set a zero mass for the kinematic rigid body (accordingly create a collision shape for it of course). Then I modify the motion world transform to reflect the translations of the kinematic objecs (for the sake of simplicity it simply moves along the z-axis and crosses the falling spheres way) but they simply don't interact.. :-/

I also searched the forums for a possible solution but couldn't find anything specific for my problem. Also I used the DebugDrawer to find possible issues but the drawer shows everything is correct, at the right location, doing just the correct thing and the kinematic body also returns the correct linear/angular velocity...well, except for any collision dynamics.

Is there anything else I need to think of? Is there any parameter that may NOT be set for this to work? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
Katachi
Katachi

Re: Kinematic object issue

Post by Katachi »

Just for completeness, am using a Gimpactmeshshape and collisions between static-dynamic, dynamic-dynamic work just fine! Only the kinematic object does not seem to excert forces. :-/
Katachi

Re: Kinematic object issue

Post by Katachi »

Solved. I set bit instead of flag. :roll: