Error C4264 with btConvexShape::project

Katachi

Error C4264 with btConvexShape::project

Post by Katachi »

Hi,

I have just downloaded 2.82 and built the libs in vs2012 x64. All working flawlessly (easy enough).
Now I tried to include it in my project but I get the following error when compiling:
error C4264: 'void btConvexShape::project(const btTransform &,const btVector3 &,btScalar &,btScalar &) const': Keine Überschreibung für virtuelle Memberfunktion der Basis 'btConvexShape' verfügbar; die Funktion wird ausgeblendet
1> d:\core\libraries\bullet-2.82-r2704\src\bulletcollision\collisionshapes\btconvexshape.h(55): Siehe Deklaration von 'btConvexShape::project'
1> d:\core\libraries\bullet-2.82-r2704\src\bulletcollision\collisionshapes\btconvexshape.h(31): Siehe Deklaration von 'btConvexShape'
Strange enough, I don't get this error when compiling any demo.
Anybody a clue what this could be? I use a test.cpp for testing purposes which has only the following header included and no code:

Code: Select all

#include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h"
The error appears directly when trying to compile this test.cpp.

FYI, I of course also took a look at the according source files and indeed the btConvexShape::project virtual method has additional parameters passed than the one in the derived btconvexshape class.

Thanks in advance for thoughts on this
Katachi

Re: Error C4264 with btConvexShape::project

Post by Katachi »

If I change the according member function parameter list to reflect the additional parameters in the derived classes it compiles fine.
I also checked all 4 main bullet lib projects for use of the member function and all references pass the additional parameters, so I assume it is safe to change that (and if I make this assumption I must also assume this is an implementation bug right?...).