Bullet physics 2.81 + Eclipse CDT+ MinGW

aech

Bullet physics 2.81 + Eclipse CDT+ MinGW

Post by aech »

Hi,

I am using Eclipse CDT on Windows 7 64bits and MinGW compiler and I'm having problems setting a project with Bullet Physics. I have built using ./configure and make
on the root folder. Then, started Eclipse and set the project as follow:

For the library search path: bullet-2.81-rev2613\src\.libs (This is where all the .a are so I guessed it was the right place but I am not sure).
And then added for librairies :
BulletDynamics
BulletCollision
LinearMath

For the include search path: bullet-2.81-rev2613\src (as it is stated in the user manual)

In the Eclipse project, I have then copied the content of Demos/BasicDemo (BasicDemo.cpp,BasicDemo.h,main.cpp and Win32BasicDemo.cpp)
and try to compile and run.

However, I get two errors:

Unresolved inclusion: "GlutStuff.h"
..\BasicDemo.h:22:33: fatal error: GlutDemoApplication.h: No such file or directory

I have tried adding the folder Demos/OpenGL in the include path but this gets me another error:

D:\C_C++\libs\bullet-2.81-rev2613\Demos\OpenGL/GlutStuff.h:37:21: fatal error: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Then again, tried to add the folder bullet-2.81-rev2613\Glut in the include path but leads to even more errors such as:

D:\C_C++\workspace\bullet_physics_test\Debug/../main.cpp:33: undefined reference to `glutmain(int, char**, int, int, char const*, DemoApplication*)'
main.o: In function `ZN19GlutDemoApplicationC2Ev':
D:/C_C++/libs/bullet-2.81-rev2613/Demos/OpenGL/GlutDemoApplication.h:22: undefined reference to `DemoApplication::DemoApplication()'
D:/C_C++/libs/bullet-2.81-rev2613/Demos/OpenGL/GlutDemoApplication.h:22: undefined reference to `vtable for GlutDemoApplication'
main.o: In function `ZN19GlutDemoApplicationD2Ev':
D:/C_C++/libs/bullet-2.81-rev2613/Demos/OpenGL/GlutDemoApplication.h:22: undefined reference to `vtable for GlutDemoApplication'
D:/C_C++/libs/bullet-2.81-rev2613/Demos/OpenGL/GlutDemoApplication.h:22: undefined reference to `DemoApplication::~DemoApplication()'

I'm sure I am doing this the wrong way.

Thanks for the help

UPDATE:

I also wanted to mention that the hello world test code on this page http://bulletphysics.org/mediawiki-1.5. ... ello_World seems to work perfectly. So I guess it's a problem
related to the way I try to link openGL...
mrtinkertrain

Re: Bullet physics 2.81 + Eclipse CDT+ MinGW

Post by mrtinkertrain »

No answers for this question? I'm also facing the same problem. However, I'm running on Linux (ubuntu).

It's been a while I'm trying to create a demo application based on the ConvexDecomposition one but unfortunately I cannot.

[edit]

The output error happens when I add both the virtual void clientMoveAndDisplay(); and the virtual void initPhysics(); to my ConvexDecompositionDemo class.