Where is Erwin? :-)

hsim

Where is Erwin? :-)

Post by hsim »

I think the subject, above, is explicit enough :-°
Mako_energy02

Re: Where is Erwin? :-)

Post by Mako_energy02 »

He gets pulled into other projects fairly often. I have no idea which project is his focus right now.

I will say that between his public repo's and activity on both these forums and the issue tracker on google code, Bullet's progress has slowed substantially as of late. I won't say it is the case because I really don't know, but it certainly feels like Bullet is dying as library.
anthrax11

Post by anthrax11 »

He's working on the GPU version, which is hosted at github: https://github.com/erwincoumans/experiments
Mako_energy02

Post by Mako_energy02 »

I mean no offense to Erwin, but the work being put into that is moving slowly and doesn't really indicate a full time's job worth of work is being put into it. It really seems to me like that is more of a side project he's doing when he has time as he works on other projects.

There is some activity on the issue tracker, but if you look at the list of commits to the bullet repo here, there isn't much in the way of updates. Even then most are tiny bug fixes, not enhancements, feature additions, or documentation additions which bullet really needs.
hsim

Post by hsim »

That is really sad :( . Bullet is a really nice library, and Erwin a cool guy.
I really hope he'll find some time to be more involved in Bullet.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Don't worry, I'm still working full-time on Bullet, and mainly on the OpenCL accelerated version at https://github.com/erwincoumans/experiments
In fact, I've been working exclusively on Bullet for almost 10 years this year, and I hope to continue working on Bullet full-time for many more years to come.

We just got a baby boy in the beginning of January 2013, so my focus has been on the family for a while.

I cannot reply all private messages/email, so hopefully the other forum members can help out.
Thanks,
Erwin
hsim

Post by hsim »

Yeeeehaaaaahhhhhh !! congrats Erwin for your Baby!
(and glad you're still "in the game").

Best regards,
Gerard,
Paris.
xexuxjy

Post by xexuxjy »

Congrats indeed!
MaxDZ8

Post by MaxDZ8 »

Thank you very much for your time and effort. Best wishes.