Vehicle suspension rest length, travel distance

kalas

Vehicle suspension rest length, travel distance

Post by kalas »

Hi, I'm playing around with btRaycastVehicle and have some questions about the suspension simulation. My vehicle has the following params:
suspensionStiffness - 60
wheelsDampingRelaxation - .4 * 2 * sqrt(60) (as recommended by Maddock's doc)
wheelsDampingCompression - .3 * 2 * sqrt(60)
suspensionRestLength - .6
maxSuspensionTravelCm 60
suspensionMaxForce - 6000
vehicle mass - 800

When the vehicle is standing still on the ground the suspension length is slightly below .6, i.e. the suspension rest length. The problem is that the next raycast is "wheel.getSuspensionRestLength()+wheel.m_wheelsRadius" long from the hard point. Since the suspension length is .6, this will often end just before the ground when driving around on non-flat terrain. Is there anyway to make the suspension not be at .6 when standing still so that the car can bounce around slightly without losing ground contact? I've tried to lower the suspension force but that results in unwanted effects (like the chassis hitting the ground often).
usohail

Re: Vehicle suspension rest length, travel distance

Post by usohail »

What is Mileage Calculator?
Mileage is basically a distance travelled in miles. Our tool can help you in estimating the mileage between two cities or locations.
Using this tool is simple; you can enter two cities or location names and press the measure distance button, and also drag the markers to desired locations. Every time you move the markers the distance between them will be calculated automatically in miles and kilometers.
mileage calculator
will show distance in miles and kilometers.