collada export with bullet

Tribal-Tec

collada export with bullet

Post by Tribal-Tec »

Hi,

I have a question concerning the export of an existing btCollisionWorld / btDynamicWorld. Where do I find the appropriate functionality? The collada demo and its converter only shows importing. There is a saveAs function though provided by the colladaConverter but it works only for already imported files as there is no way to tell the converter about other dynamicWorlds.
Maybe a a function should be provided by btCollisionWorld to save all the containing data to file. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy at the moment to do this ;) First of all I want to ensure that I don't have overlooked something.

Thanks for helping
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

It is a good idea to add some easy COLLADA save functionality to Bullet (and improve the usability of loading too). I'll add it to the TODO list.

Thanks for the feedback,
Erwin
Dragonlord

Re: collada export with bullet

Post by Dragonlord »

Is there any news about this exporting functionality? I'm trying to figure out how one could export a snapshot of a dynamic world for debugging purpose to either .bullet or collada file but there seems to be nothing. Just stumbled across this topic so maybe I can get some answers here.