OgreBullet uses huge memory about 100 mb

bluesnessman

OgreBullet uses huge memory about 100 mb

Post by bluesnessman »

Hey there!
I just set up the latest Bullet and OgreBullet for a project of mine and everything worked perfectly fine. But there is a BIG memory problem. Without OgreBullet my project allocates 30 mbs of memory without OgreBullet(no world creation or any other stuff, but the libraries/headers still included) and with OgreBullet(when it creates the world) it increases to 140 mb on release, 250 mb on debug. World creation code is :

Code: Select all

mWorld = new OgreBulletDynamics::DynamicsWorld(mSceneMgr, *bounds, Vector3(0,-9.81,0));
I'm creating it right after I set up my framelisteners.
Despite its memory consumption, Bullet works just fine, and really fast, no problems over there, but 100 mb is really big.

And by the way, Bullet demos consume about 15 mbs of memory.

Thank you in advance!
reptor

Re: OgreBullet uses huge memory about 100 mb

Post by reptor »

Could you try to check how many times data is stored. Perhaps OgreBullet makes a mistake and stores data unnecessarily many times.

It could also be worthwhile to ask the author of OgreBullet... you can find him from the Ogre3D forum. He should be able to tell you what is normal with OgreBullet.
bluesnessman

Post by bluesnessman »

Thanks for your reply reptor!
I already posted the problem in OgreBullet forum, got some responses but the problem still persists.
Yeah, I thought that it could be the problem too, I checked the source, but couldn't find a bug over there. How can I check whether many data is stored in an other way?
DemonGithara

How Did You Get OgreBulletDemo.exe to Run?

Post by DemonGithara »

I was wondering how you got the Dynamics Demo working correctly? I have weird graphically glitches at runtime, where the textures aren't showing up and some z-fighting. I added the [Bullet] and [OgreBulletCollisions] resource groups and paths, the path to OgreCore.zip, and the media files from Ogre 1.6.x that were complained about at runtime by the exceptions popups.
bluesnessman

Post by bluesnessman »

I didn't actually set up the dynamics demo, because it needed some configuration with the resources as you mentioned, and I was tooo lazy :) If I can't find a solution to this, I'm switching to btOgre.

Edit : Maybe I can help if you post the exceptions here.
DemonGithara

Thanks

Post by DemonGithara »

Thanks, but it seems like they're broken to some extent. I was able to get it to finally run without the exceptions, but not all of the demos work anymore with the newer Ogre XD