Collision Detection Not Working

heyste

Collision Detection Not Working

Post by heyste »

I have deployed bullet on our game server to simulate some simple object move and collision. I exported map objects with Dynamica from Maya, the map is conposed with one plane ground and some walls, they are all created BVHMeshes. When I added a character into the world, the character has collision detected with the floor without problem. However, when I started to move the character, it won't collide with any walls.

At first I thought it might be the mesh's problem. All walls are having box collider and the floor is Quad. So I replaced the floor with a big plane box on the ground, it also collides. Therefore, I thought the problem should be something wrong with my simulation, but no idea at all.

I will have to say I am very new to Bullet, so any idea will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
S1L3nCe

Re: Collision Detection Not Working

Post by S1L3nCe »

Hi,

Are you using collision filtering for your player and walls ?
Otherwise, do you have any kinematic bodies in your world ?
heyste

Post by heyste »

No,we do not have collision filtering. We have no kniematic body either.

One thing to add is that we only have mass on the player, we do NOT have mass on the floor or the wall. Should we add mass?
S1L3nCe

Post by S1L3nCe »

Static objects don't have mass or inertia.

If collision between character and btBoxShape is working then it should be your wall creation or mesh exportation.