Get collisions for btPairCachingGhostObject

robwypior

Get collisions for btPairCachingGhostObject

Post by robwypior »

Greetings!

I'm struggling to extract pairCachingGhostObject's collision pairs. I'm following what is said in btGhostObject section of this wiki article, however manifold->getNumContacts() is always returning zero. I've tried to use code from demos and code used in btKinematicCharacterController's method "recoverFromPenetration", but with no success as well - manifold again returns count of zero contacts in both cases. Except from that, the rest of physics world is working fine.

Here's how I initialize the ghost object and character controller:

Code: Select all

this->collisionObject = this->ghost = new MotionStatePairCachingGhostObject(this->motionState); // This class is inheriting regular btPairCachingGhostObject and extends it with motion state functionality (the only modification is to call motionState's setWorldTransform method)
	this->ghost->setCollisionShape(this->physics.getEmptyShape()); // This is later assigned to regular collision shape
	this->ghost->setRestitution(0.0f);
	this->ghost->setUserPointer(this);
	this->ghost->setFriction(1.2f);
	this->ghost->setCollisionFlags(btCollisionObject::CF_CHARACTER_OBJECT);

this->controller = new btKinematicCharacterController(this->ghost, this->collisionShape, 0.2f, fromVec3(glm::vec3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f)));

this->physics.getDynamicsWorld()->addCollisionObject(this->ghost, btBroadphaseProxy::CharacterFilter, btBroadphaseProxy::StaticFilter | btBroadphaseProxy::DefaultFilter);
	this->physics.getDynamicsWorld()->addCharacter(this->controller);
I believe I've made some silly mistake, but I can't figure it out. I'd really appreciate your help, guys.