Rendering bullets primitives shapes in openGL

paulgriffiths

Rendering bullets primitives shapes in openGL

Post by paulgriffiths »

Hi I am creating my own scenegraph

Bullet comes with a set of primitives shapes and I would also like to render these in OpenGL.

I have code for box, that's simple.
What about the others.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Paul.
benelot

Re: Rendering bullets primitives shapes in openGL

Post by benelot »

Hi,

Rendering questions such as this one are probably more suited to be in an opengl forum. What you could try is to find out how the bullet example browser draws them, as it uses opengl as well and draws all primitives.
skosh2

Re: Rendering bullets primitives shapes in openGL

Post by skosh2 »

paulgriffiths,

You must be trying to implement a DebugDrawer as I suggested in your other thread. I don't mean this as a put-down, but you sound like a beginner. So, why don't we zoom out here a little bit, and you tell us a little bit about what you're trying to do, and how you're trying to do it?

A better approach might be to disconnect from Bullet and do a few OpenGL tutorials, such as NeHe's OpenGL Tutorials. Or maybe select a different graphics lib such as Ogre3d (the one I use), Irrlicht, or CrystalSpace to do the heavy-polygon-lifting. Once you understand THAT one pretty well, then we can talk about integrating the DebugDrawer into THAT. Trust me, understanding your graphics pipeline a lot better will have far reaching effects, not the least of which is the DebugDrawer.

Believe me, I spent years throwing together tech-debt-heavy hacky garbage that was simply wasted time. Building a little step-ladder of prototype code, testing each lib, code pattern, and idea has worked much better.

Of course, I may be misreading this and you're trying to integrate Bullet into Blender, in which case I have zero experience to offer you. Sorry.