Bullet Vehicle gets skidding while it's being at rest

macxfadz

Bullet Vehicle gets skidding while it's being at rest

Post by macxfadz »

Hi there,
I have created a vehicle as bullet ray-cast vehicle and simple terrain as bullet traingle-mesh type.
When my vehicle at rest(0.0 ms-1 <speed <1.0 ms-1 ) ,it's skidding sideways even the terrain(simple a plane created using triangle-mesh or static plane) has slight inclination(slope),I tried to figure it out,whether it caused due to friction parameters but it is not,I configured everything related even skid_info,and slip_friction etc...
Please help me to resolve this issue.Here I attached my entity creation source code,please pay your attention on it and direct me in to correct way, if I have done something peculiar.
Thank you.
For your convenience please watch this video :- https://vid.me/vJG5
Please refer attached source code for entity creation.

Please reply ,how to stop vehicle skidding sideways on terrain(triangle-mesh,not height-field) or Is this is a expected behavior?
Attachments
entity_creation.cpp
Entity creations and vehicle description.
(6.34 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Bullet Vehicle gets skidding while it's being at rest

Post by Erwin Coumans »

I haven't used the ray cast vehicle in a long while, it may be an issue indeed.

You may have to dig into the implementation yourself to fix it. It is also possible to use a btMultiBody (chassis base with 4 wheel links hierarchy), there is no slip in that case, but getting the right driving behavior may be difficult. Once you add compliance to the btMultibody wheels, it introduces slip on a slope.

The slip in both raycast vehicle and btMultiBody vehicle with compliant contact could be fixed in the future, but you'll have to find someone working on it...
macxfadz

Re: Bullet Vehicle gets skidding while it's being at rest

Post by macxfadz »

Thank you.Erwin for the reply.I will try to dig in to the implementation and fix the skidding issue somehow and also thank for your suggestion. :D