current collision SDK?

radarsat1

current collision SDK?

Post by radarsat1 »

Hello, I am starting a new application that uses Bullet only for collision. I have previously used it, and used the interface as described in,

http://www.bulletphysics.org/mediawiki- ... d_Triggers

However, as this is a new application, I thought I would see if there is an updated SDK that will be forward-compatible with Bullet3. Looking in the examples/Collision folder of the bullet3 github repository, I see that there is an application using calls to a CollisionSdkC_Api.h. This seems to be an SDK that is local to the CollisionTutorialBullet2 program? I am a bit confused by this.

Looking deeper, the CollisionSdkC_Api.h refers to another set of files local to the example, Internal/RealTimeBullet3CollisionSdk.h, which seems to be an entirely new collision API.

Okay, I realize this is all under development right now, but I'd also rather not have to re-write part of my application in a year. What is the recommended way to access the Bullet collision back-end right now? Should I be ignoring all this since it is totally local to the collision example, or should prepare to use it eventually, with the expectation that it will be moved into the Bullet installed headers at some point? There is also the headers under the Bullet3Collision directory..

Please excuse my unfamiliarity, I am just requesting info on the development direction so I can make some informed choices...
schmrlng

Re: current collision SDK?

Post by schmrlng »

Bump. I'm also curious about this question. I see two different candidate folders under src/: src/BulletCollision and src/Bullet3Collision. Some commit messages allude to the possibility that BulletCollision and Bullet3Collision might be merged into a single implementation in the future, but I'd also like to know the "correct" way to access the collision back-end going forward.