btBulletDynamicsCommon

passthedip

btBulletDynamicsCommon

Post by passthedip »

I have searched the boards and seen a few people have had this problem, but so far none of those solutions have helped me (or maybe I just didn't understand). I am brand new to using bullet and am trying to play around with it in Visual Studio 2015. I used CMake to compile the binaries and have followed all of the instructions on the tutorial here:
http://bulletphysics.org/mediawiki-1.5. ... io_project

When I try to build the solution for the HelloWorld program I get "Cannot open include file: 'btBulletDynamicsCommon.h': No such file or directory". Under preferences -> C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories I have updated the path to read "...\Bullet\src" as I have seen this solve other peoples issue with this. Mine persists. Can anyone help out a newbie? Thanks!
anthrax11

Re: btBulletDynamicsCommon

Post by anthrax11 »

In "Additional Include Directories", it's easiest to add the full path to bullet's src folder (the one that has btBulletDynamicsCommon.h in it). That could be something like C:\Users\User\Desktop\bullet3\src

This won't work if other people need to use your project, since their path could be different. In that case you'd use a relative directory. Then the path to add depends on where your project is and where Bullet is. Let's say your folder structure looks something like this:

Code: Select all

Desktop
    MyProject
        main.cpp
        MyProject.vcxproj
    bullet3
        src
            btBulletDynamicsCommon.h
Then to reference the right directory from your project, you need to go up one level and the to "bullet3\src", so the whole path to add is "..\bullet3\src". Note that ".." goes up to the parent directory, but "..." like you have doesn't mean anything. If you need to go up two levels, you'd do "..\..\bullet3\src".

Also note the directory names, the tutorial has "bullet3" whereas you have "Bullet". Those need to match as well.