Constant acceleration with Raycast Vehicle

lucas001

Constant acceleration with Raycast Vehicle

Post by lucas001 »

Hello everybody!

I am having a problem with bullet. I am wanting to make an autonomous simulator with robotic vehicles, and I already elaborated all calculus in my mind. The problem is it depends on the constant acceleration of the vehicle.
The issue is, when I put some torque in the wheels it simply do not grow linearly, but after some time it reaches a constant acceleration. I know that it is a perfect system because when I put 0 torque after some time the velocity keeps constant, so the system has not friction, despite my vehicle have wheelFriction = 10000.

Its a suspetion issue or something? Someone can help me in this question?

I will work in the RaycastVehicle.cpp now, but I want some tips to try another way...

Thanks.
lucas001

Re: Constant acceleration with Raycast Vehicle

Post by lucas001 »

Guys!

After some time I finally solved this problem . The issue was that my car was moving only in XZ plan and I was calculating the velocity in XYZ . Because of the suspension , the Y axis is Constantly changing and Increasing .

The reason of acceleration Increasing Gradually is because the force applied to the RigidBody ( F = ma ) was being too weak to cancel the force of impulses applied on the suspension , so only after the velocity get high, the velocity in the Y axis have low influence.

Hope it helps someone else!