How to use Bullet to handle haptic device collision

apapaxionga

How to use Bullet to handle haptic device collision

Post by apapaxionga »

I have a haptic device. I want to use a cylinder primitive to represent haptic device. The cylinder primitive should keep pace with the haptic device and can collide with deformable object or rigid object. How can I implement this?

The transformation matrix of haptic device is M. I set the motion state of the cylinder primitive using M. Now the cylinder can move with haptic device. However, it can not collide with other objects. What happened?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: How to use Bullet to handle haptic device collision

Post by Erwin Coumans »

The cylinder is represented as a btCylinderShape* attached to a btRigidBody with non-zero mass/inertia, right? Then you can move this cylinder in a similar way to mouse picking in the Bullet demo framework, using a picking constraint.
apapaxionga

Re: How to use Bullet to handle haptic device collision

Post by apapaxionga »

Erwin Coumans wrote:The cylinder is represented as a btCylinderShape* attached to a btRigidBody with non-zero mass/inertia, right? Then you can move this cylinder in a similar way to mouse picking in the Bullet demo framework, using a picking constraint.
Thanks for your advice. Now I have achieved this. I have another question: is there any academic paper introducing the collision cluster technique used in deformable object collision detection?
Or where can I learn it in detail?